Our Science Vision:
At St Peter’s Primary School we provide a safe & stimulating environment whereby children encounter creative learning experiences within science.
Principles of Science Teaching:
- To stimulate children’s curiosity & sense of wonder about our World & beyond.
- To engage pupils as learners at many levels & link ideas & knowledge with practical experiences.
- To help children to develop an understanding of the World around them & appreciate how science can impact on their everyday lives.
- To encourage children to develop their independent scientific enquiry.
- To provide opportunities for children to communicate their ideas, in a variety of ways, using evidence they have acquired.
- To give opportunities to engage with science experts and to make cross curricular links with other subjects.